Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Prayers for Election Day

I feel like we need to have a mass prayer vigil today, to send good karma and positive vibes and all that yumminess out into the universe, visualizing the best candidate pulling off this amazing feat. I've never given a rat's ass about politics, really. But this election has made me believe in my country again. I've seen all kinds of people joining together and showing a spirit of camaraderie that I've only seen once before, in the horrible days following 9-11.

This time we're celebrating something positive, what we could have, what might be. We are all joined in a kind of universal hope that we can pull our country back together and make it the great land it's supposed to be. I don't mean to get all We Are the World-y or anything, but this has been a very emotional time for us all, and it's because of the incredible candidate we've got out there. As Sarah Silverman says in The Great Schlep, "Barack Obama is the goodest person we've ever had as a presidential choice! He's honest and he's kind, and quite frankly he's probably our last hope of ending this country's reputation as the assholes of the universe." She's silly, but she's right.

I also want to pray for Obama's safety, whether he wins or ... otherwise (can't say it.) The man is really putting himself out there, into a world where there are many, many haters. So let's say a prayer that he is watched over and protected and shielded from anything bad happening to him. Prayer works, so DO IT!

On NPR last week there was a show during which the interviewer asked several people "Have you imagined what it will be like...how will it feel to wake up Wednesday morning and hear that Obama won?" They could hardly answer for the emotion they were feeling.

I'm so there. Please, just let it be...

4 comments:

Kenzie Ryan said...

I Baracked the vote!!

Or least that's what another guy called it on CW's blog, lol.

(I think it means I voted for him, or at least I hope it does... that's my definition anyways, lol)

Julie said...

Silly! It's a pun on "Rock the Vote." So yeah...you did. YAY KENZER!!!

Anonymous said...

c'est beau ce qu'il vous arrive : BRAVO ! :)

Julie said...

Merci! On fait la fete partout aujourd'hui. C'est incroyable...